Dog clothes are more and more fashionable, with boutique and designer items being added daily in stores and online shops. These clothing items are :
- Functional– keeping your pet warm and cozy during days with adverse weather. Suitable for all ages and sizes, they are a must for delicate dogs with a short coat of fur or older dogs affected by sudden temperature changes.
- Keeps the dirt away by leaving the fur clear of mud, twigs, or hay.
- A fashion statement shows how much an owner cares for their dog’s appearance and reveals the owner’s creativity and even social status.
- A reason to share moments – owners can enjoy some fun moments with a pup or a more mature dog by playing dress-up. Such moments can also lead to some amusing family photos or videos for a variety of occasions: Easter, Halloween, Christmas, family events. Your pet can even become a hit on youtube or tik tok.
A dress for dog should provide warmth, comfort, and security in the first instance and secondly to please the eye.
How to choose the most suitable dog clothes
Before buying, spend a few moments to think about the purpose of the pet’s new outfit and look at:
1. Different sorts of dog apparels
The kind of dog attire depends upon the type of dog you’ve got and the purpose of the clothing article will perform.
Short-coated breeds such as Pugs and Frenchies have difficulty retaining their bodies’ heat.
They may require dog jackets for the winter months. Similarly, aging dogs may suffer from joint pain when subjected to the cold and need a warm clothing piece.
2. Proper fitting dog clothing
The fit of any piece of clothing should be exact for the dog’s body type. Every part should fit like a glove. Otherwise, the dog will most likely end up squirming, pawing, or perhaps nipping in the garments.
3. Quality of fabrics and manufacturing process
Dog clothing made from soft, breathable fabric like a superior cotton mix will allow the skin to breathe and lock in the moisture. For example, the dog raincoats, made from a light yet durable and watertight material, will keep your pet comfortable outdoors.
Coats and dresses should be well-designed, with firm stitches that heighten durability.
4. Easy to wear
Dog dresses and coats should be lightweight and adapt to the dog’s body quickly; otherwise, the pup will always try to get rid of them and might end up ripping any outfit apart.
5. Design and aesthetics
Pick dog clothes according to your style and fashion sense.
Where to buy dog clothes
Pet shops and small boutique style stores that specialize in dog fashion on the high street or in shopping outlets have a varied display of clothing that you can try and compare before buying.
However, the easiest, the least time consuming offering the most comprehensive choice is the online market packed with fantastic designer shops and online boutiques.
Browsing an online shop offers the advantage of having instant access to their designs from the home’s comfort or even the office during break time.
It also allows a more straightforward price and quality comparison, especially with the aid of other buyer’s reviews.